Monday 11 November 2013

Winters are here

Winters are here,
and so are you,
singing songs with me,
in the howling winter winds,
wrapping ourselves in the dark nights,
as we share our secrets new,
Where were you,
for the rest of the year?
It seemed like you had forgotten me,
But now that you're here,
I'll remind you of everything,
Starting from the morning tea,
Brewing it with old dreams,
Dreams we dreamt
while sipping some mornings,
together,
talking about forever,
a long ago …

Winters are here,
and so are you,
walking with me,
into the dazzling sun,
I feel your warmth encapsulating me,
protecting me,
from this hostile world,
Did you think about me,
from where you've been?
Dreams of me,
have you seen?
While you were travelling,
in a foreign land
and I waited for the time,
to slip away like sand,
Stars I saw,
Did you noticed them too?
But now that you're here,
I don't wish to know where were you …

Winters are here,
and so is the one I love,
Back into my arms,
Suddenly I feel more joyous,
I feel free,
But this lingering sadness,
it's still there, haunting me
Will I see your face,
Once the spring comes by,
and will it finally be the winters,
when never again I'll have to lie …

Yesterday Taai asked me,
Will he be here for rest of the winters?
All she cares about is the money,
And says,
All you care about is the pleasure,
Tell them the truth yourself,
So they won't laugh,
As I tell them the same story ...

That when the spring is here,
We'll be standing by the tracks,
Waiting for the morning train,
As through the fog it'll arrive,
to snatch us from all this pain …  

No comments:

Post a Comment